HCG (Human chorionic gonadotropin) is a main therapeutic agent found in Hucog 2000 IU Injection, which is mainly prescribed to those men and women who are suffering with the infertility problem. HCG is a polypeptide hormone, which is generated by the syncytiotrophoblast (a component after conception).
HCG play a noteworthy role in normal development of egg in female’s ovary and stimulate the release of an egg during ovulation process.
HCG (Hucog 2000 IU Injection) also treat infertility in men by increasing the production of testosterone hormones and improve the quality of sperm.
Human chorionic gonadotropin is prescribed in following medical conditions like-
- Infertility in women
- Increases sperm quantity in men
- In case of young boys when testicles have not dropped down into scrotum
- Pituitary gland disorders
Prescribed dose of Hucog 2000 IU Injection
Hucog 2000 IU Injection is presented in the parenteral preparation, which is to be administered Intra-muscular (I/M) and subcutaneous route (S/C).
- Dose for men- Hucog 20000 IU Injection should be administered 3 times in a week for 3 weeks.
- Dose for women- Hucog 20000 IU Injection should be administered 1time in a day after Menotropin dose.
When you should avoid Hucog 2000 IU Injection?
You should not take Hucog 2000 IU Injection in following medical conditions like-
- Hypersensitivity towards generic Human Chorionic gonadotropin
- Thyroid disorders
- Migraine disorders
- Seizures or epilepsy
- Liver or kidney disorders
- Prostate related problems
- Heart disease
Drug interactions of Hucog 2000 IU Injection
- Blood thinners- Warfarin, Heparin, and Coumadin
- Anti-epileptic drugs- Phenytoin, Phenobarbital, and Carbamazepine
- Corticosteroids- Dexamethasone and Prednisone
- Over the counter drugs
- Herbal preparations
Common adverse effects of Hucog 2000 IU Injection
General adverse effects of Hucog 2000 IU Injection include mood swings, severe headache, drowsiness, muscle pain, rapid weight gain, drumming sounds in ear, edema, allergic reactions, itching, irritation, redness, and inflammation at the site of application.
Important safety instructions While Taking Hucog 2000 IU Injection
- Never use decolorized injection as it is contaminated as creates lots of harmful complications.
- Pregnant women should strictly avoid the use of Hucog 2000 IU Injection.
- Lactating moms should avoid the use of Hucog 2000 IU Injection.
- Don’t try to self-inject this injection without knowing proper mode of administration.
- Avoid use of an excess quantity of Hucog 2000 IU Injection as it may increase the danger of multiple pregnancies.
- Quit smoking and use of liquors with Hucog injection.