Trade name: TRETIVA / Indian Brand
Dosage form: capsules
Active substance: Isotretinoin 20mg
Indications for use
Tretiva 20 is used to treat severe, disfiguring nodular acne. It should be used only after other acne medicines or antibiotics have been tried and have failed to help the acne. Tretiva 20 may also be used to treat other skin diseases as determined by your doctor.
Method of administration and dosage
The dose is usually 0.5 to 1 milligram (mg) per kilogram (kg) of body weight per day, taken as 2 divided doses for 15 to 20 weeks. Your doctor may adjust your dose as needed
- osteomalacia, or softening of bones.
- high amount of triglyceride in the blood.
- very low levels of granulocytes, a type of white blood cell.
- congenital deficiency of neutrophils, a white blood cell.
- low levels of a type of white blood cell called neutrophils.
Tretiva 20 is contraindicated during pregnancy. It is highly teratogenic at all therapeutic doses, and congenital malformations have been reported following a single dose taken during pregnancy.
When prescribing isotretinoin to women of childbearing potential, ensure adequate pregnancy prevention measures are in place, including at least two forms of effective contraception.
A pregnancy test is recommended within three days prior to starting treatment, every month during treatment and five weeks after stopping treatment.
- dryness of your skin, lips, eyes, or nose (you may have nosebleeds);
- vision problems;
- headache, back pain, joint pain, muscle problems;
- skin reactions; or.
- cold symptoms such as stuffy nose, sneezing, sore throat.